Please meet Philomena Bucket. She has recently shipwrecked on the island (which may explain her worried expression)
Philomena is a Traveller. Which is to say, the example character in the Hopeless, Maine role playing game which is in development by Keith Healing. The whole project is coming along beautifully and has a publisher, so, fear not (or, not too much) it will be with you in the fullness of time. Keith understands the setting and the story in a way that makes us nearly giddy and is finding ways of having players explore and interact with the island and its flora and fauna (and those things which are uncomfortably neither or both) and create experiences and dark adventures.
Here, in Keth’s words, is how Philomena Bucket was born (or created) with some rolls of the dice-
These numbers tell us a lot about her. Philomena is of average build (STR 11) but a little sickly (CON She could well appear a little pale and wan. However, her manual dexterity is good. She is not stubborn but can possibly be manipulated (WILL 10) but is of above average intelligence. She gets on pretty well with people (CHA 11) and is naturally drawn towards things spiritual (PSY 15).
Philomena rolled 52 on Class, making her as Middle class as could be, and 47 on Age. The player determines that as this is towards the top end of the range Philomena is 28 years old.
Given her physical characteristics and her high PSY Philomena’s player decides that she is an Artist specialising in painting. Her high PSY and DEX give her a base skill of 36% to which is added another 10% for her age, giving a total of 46%. She is pretty good but a bit rough around the edges.
She is a keen amateur Biologist.
Finally, and intriguingly, she is albino.”
If the roll had gone another way, she would have been inexplicably attractive to small bits of metal.
If you would like to know how all of this is developing and keep up with progress and news of release dates and such, I can recommend following the development blog, here!
Hoping (as always) this finds you well, inspired and thriving.